PDA

View Full Version : Installing VLC SUSE Linux enterprise Desktop 11 SP2



tejaswiniul
01-Feb-2017, 12:35
Hi,

I am attempting to install VLC client and VLC-Mozilla Plugin on SLED 11 SP2(32bit). I have followed the instructions on a number of websites and yet still have failed.

I have attempted packman repositories, and most recently this:

Add the repositories

zypper ar -f http://download.videolan.org/pub/vlc/SuSE/11.2 vlc && zypper refresh vlc
zypper ar -f http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/libs/SLE_11_SP3/ multimedia-libs && zypper refresh multimedia-libs
zypper ar -f http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/xine/SLE_11 multimedia-xine && zypper refresh multimedia-xine

Install VLC

zypper in vlc
however I get the dependency issue:

Problem: nothing provides libcdio.so.10 needed by vlc-nox-1.1.13-4.2.i586
I am stumped for ideas so any ideas you can provide will be extremely helpful

smflood
01-Feb-2017, 13:22
On 01/02/17 11:44, tejaswiniul wrote:

> I am attempting to install VLC client and VLC-Mozilla Plugin on SLED 11
> SP2(32bit). I have followed the instructions on a number of websites and
> yet still have failed.

It would help if you could provide the link(s) to the instructions you
have followed so we can follow what you have done.

Note SLED11 SP2 is now out of support with the latest SLED11 release SP4
(though to upgrade to it you'd have to go via SLED11 SP3).

> I have attempted packman repositories, and most recently this:
>
> Add the repositories
>
> zypper ar -f http://download.videolan.org/pub/vlc/SuSE/11.2 vlc &&

The above repo is for openSUSE 11.2 and no longer exists on VideoLAN's
download site. openSUSE 11.2 is also different to SLED11 SP2 - for
SLED11 SP2 the repo should be
http://download.videolan.org/pub/vlc/SuSE/SLE11/

> zypper refresh vlc
> zypper ar -f
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/libs/SLE_11_SP3/
> multimedia-libs && zypper refresh multimedia-libs

The above repo URL indicates a later release than you're using so could
cause issues.

> zypper ar -f
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/xine/SLE_11
> multimedia-xine && zypper refresh multimedia-xine

The above repo URL is now invalid.

> INSTALL VLC
>
> zypper in vlc
> however I get the dependency issue:
>
> Problem: nothing provides libcdio.so.10 needed by
> vlc-nox-1.1.13-4.2.i586
> I am stumped for ideas so any ideas you can provide will be extremely
> helpful

Do you have the Software Development Kit (SDK) available? Please can you
provide the output from "zypper lr -u".

HTH.
--
Simon
SUSE Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------