PDA

View Full Version : BOOM!



Susan
27-Apr-2012, 03:07
We had some excitement here the other morning. We were having breakfast
when we heard an odd, low rumbling that sounded either like a distant
large diesel truck starting up and taking awhile, or a series of
distant explosions. It wasn't enough to rattle the windows, but it
scared all of the birds, including Beaker, who took off and flew to me.
It was the meteor that's been in the news. We knew it wasn't something
normal, but never thought about a meteor. They've found pieces of it
about 30 miles from here as the crow flies. : )

--
Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NCCIrregulars

Please read the following before posting in here:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/27zopdy

KBOYLE
27-Apr-2012, 05:48
Susan wrote:

> They've found pieces of it about 30 miles from here as the crow flies.

Based on how you said it affected the birds, that could be any
direction. ;)

--
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner
If you find this post helpful and are using the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...

Arthur
27-Apr-2012, 09:58
Get out there and gather the pieces and sell them to universities. This man
might be interested in purchasing them
http://the-big-bang-theory.com/characters.Rajesh/


"KBOYLE" wrote in message
news:lypmr.9959$V43.3790@kovat.provo.novell.com...

Susan wrote:

> They've found pieces of it about 30 miles from here as the crow flies.

Based on how you said it affected the birds, that could be any
direction. ;)

--
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner
If you find this post helpful and are using the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...

Susan
27-Apr-2012, 14:28
> Based on how you said it affected the birds, that could be any
> direction. ;)

True. : )

--
Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NCCIrregulars

Please read the following before posting in here:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/27zopdy

Susan
27-Apr-2012, 14:28
> Get out there and gather the pieces and sell them to universities.

I'm pretty sure there are people from the universities out there
looking for themselves, since the reports of the finds were all from
university people. <G>

--
Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NCCIrregulars

Please read the following before posting in here:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/27zopdy

Stevo
27-Apr-2012, 15:12
Susan sounds like they 'said':

> We had some excitement here the other morning. We were having
> breakfast when we heard an odd, low rumbling that sounded either like
> a distant large diesel truck starting up and taking awhile, or a
> series of distant explosions. It wasn't enough to rattle the windows,
> but it scared all of the birds, including Beaker, who took off and
> flew to me. It was the meteor that's been in the news. We knew it
> wasn't something normal, but never thought about a meteor. They've
> found pieces of it about 30 miles from here as the crow flies. : )

So my response to Susan's comment is...

Wow, that's crazy.

--
Stevo

Susan
28-Apr-2012, 02:59
> Wow, that's crazy.

Indeed. But chances are there won't be another any closer in our
lifetimes, so we can breathe easy, now! <G>

--
Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NCCIrregulars

Please read the following before posting in here:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/27zopdy

Stevo
30-Apr-2012, 14:48
Susan sounds like they 'said':

> Indeed. But chances are there won't be another any closer in our
> lifetimes, so we can breathe easy, now! <G>

So my response to Susan's comment is...

Phew! What a relief! :-)

--
Stevo

kgroneman
30-Apr-2012, 15:39
They're the only ones that have the time.

--
Kim - 4/30/2012 8:39:41 AM

Bob Crandell
01-May-2012, 00:06
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 01:59:18 +0000, Susan wrote:

>> Wow, that's crazy.
>
> Indeed. But chances are there won't be another any closer in our
> lifetimes, so we can breathe easy, now! <G>

Always the dreamer.

Susan
01-May-2012, 03:59
Kim:

Plus, University of California at Davis, University of California at
Berkeley, California State University at Sacramento, and several junior
colleges, are all within 2.5 hours of the location. : )

--
Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NCCIrregulars

Please read the following before posting in here:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/27zopdy

Susan
01-May-2012, 03:59
Stevo:

Well, my own personal biochemist tells me that just because there was
an event in a certain location doesn't change the odds of a like event
happening at the same location at any time. I didn't pay much attention
when we were studying odds. He apparently did. <G>

--
Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NCCIrregulars

Please read the following before posting in here:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/27zopdy

GofBorg
01-May-2012, 15:51
No need to worry until the ship comes out of the crater.

KeN Etter
01-May-2012, 16:15
On Tue, 01 May 2012 14:51:31 GMT, GofBorg
<GofBorg@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

>No need to worry until the ship comes out of the crater.

:-)

Bob
02-May-2012, 03:34
Sneeze on those suckers... That'll do 'em in.



On 5/1/2012 10:51 AM, GofBorg wrote:
> No need to worry until the ship comes out of the crater.