Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Bluetooth adaptor not found after system update

  1. #1

    Bluetooth adaptor not found after system update

    Hi,

    My Bluetooth adaptor is not found after some updates!

    Below is the output of lsusb and rfkill

    Code:
    lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 003 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
    Bus 004 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
    Bus 003 Device 003: ID 138a:003d Validity Sensors, Inc. 
    Bus 003 Device 004: ID 1bcf:2c2a Sunplus Innovation Technology Inc. 
    
    rfkill list
    0: phy0: Wireless LAN
    	Soft blocked: no
    	Hard blocked: no
    Thanks,
    Ahmed

  2. #2

    Re: Bluetooth adaptor not found after system update

    Quote Originally Posted by aabdelkhalek View Post
    Hi,

    My Bluetooth adaptor is not found after some updates!

    Below is the output of lsusb and rfkill

    Code:
    lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 003 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
    Bus 004 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
    Bus 003 Device 003: ID 138a:003d Validity Sensors, Inc. 
    Bus 003 Device 004: ID 1bcf:2c2a Sunplus Innovation Technology Inc. 
    
    rfkill list
    0: phy0: Wireless LAN
    	Soft blocked: no
    	Hard blocked: no
    Thanks,
    Ahmed
    Which version of SLED?

    Which updates did you install immediately prior to noticing the bluetooth adapter was no longer working? (/var/log/zypp/history)

    Is this Bluetooth adapter built in or external plugged in to a USB port? If built in, have you checked its not somehow got disabled in BIOS? If it's external, if you unplug it and plug it back in is it mentioned in output of dmesg?

    That 1bcf:2c2a device isn't listed at http://www.linux-usb.org/usb-ids.html do you know that's not the bluetooth adapter? If you do and know what it is you could submit the details to The USB ID Repository.
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface, please show your appreciation and click on the star below... thanks!

  3. #3

    Re: Bluetooth adaptor not found after system update

    Quote Originally Posted by mikewillis View Post
    Which version of SLED?
    it is SLED 11 SP3

    Which updates did you install immediately prior to noticing the bluetooth adapter was no longer working? (/var/log/zypp/history)
    If I recall correctly, the problem is below:
    Code:
    Problem: rt3290-kmp-default-3.9.2_3.0.13_0.27-0.1.1.x86_64 requires
    kernel(default:kernel_printk) = 9cc1b39ddf89e9f5, but this requirement
    cannot be provided deleted providers:
    kernel-default-base-3.0.101-0.7.17.1.x86_64
    Solution 1: deinstallation of rt3290-kmp-default-3.9.2_3.0.13_0.27-0.1.1.x86_64
    Solution 2: do not install patch:sledsp3-kernel-9751.noarch
    Solution 3: break rt3290-kmp-default-3.9.2_3.0.13_0.27-0.1.1.x86_64 by ignoring some of
    its dependencies Choose from above solutions by number or cancel
    [1/2/3/c] (c):
    and then we decided to go ahead with the update and fix the bluetooth adaptor later.
    Is this Bluetooth adapter built in or external plugged in to a USB port? If built in, have you checked its not somehow got disabled in BIOS? If it's external, if you unplug it and plug it back in is it mentioned in output of dmesg?
    it is built in and I believe it is common with the wireless driver they both have the same name rt3920. And I checked in BIOS and it is not disabled.
    That 1bcf:2c2a device isn't listed at http://www.linux-usb.org/usb-ids.html do you know that's not the bluetooth adapter? If you do and know what it is you could submit the details to The USB ID Repository.
    Not sure what is that?

    Thanks,
    Ahmed

  4. #4

    Re: Bluetooth adaptor not found after system update

    Quote Originally Posted by aabdelkhalek View Post
    it is SLED 11 SP3

    If I recall correctly, the problem is below:
    Code:
    Problem: rt3290-kmp-default-3.9.2_3.0.13_0.27-0.1.1.x86_64 requires
    kernel(default:kernel_printk) = 9cc1b39ddf89e9f5, but this requirement
    cannot be provided deleted providers:
    kernel-default-base-3.0.101-0.7.17.1.x86_64
    Solution 1: deinstallation of rt3290-kmp-default-3.9.2_3.0.13_0.27-0.1.1.x86_64
    Solution 2: do not install patch:sledsp3-kernel-9751.noarch
    Solution 3: break rt3290-kmp-default-3.9.2_3.0.13_0.27-0.1.1.x86_64 by ignoring some of
    its dependencies Choose from above solutions by number or cancel
    [1/2/3/c] (c):
    and then we decided to go ahead with the update and fix the bluetooth adaptor later.
    That you say "If I recall correctly" makes it sound like the problem occurred long enough ago that you can't remember exactly when it happened. How long ago did it stop working? Where are you getting that zypper output from? Who is the 'we' who decided to go ahead with the update?

    kernel-default-base-3.0.101-0.7.17.1 (mentioned in that zypper output) is a SLED 11 SP2 package (https://download.suse.com/Download?buildid=xKbWHe4etUM~)



    What's the output of
    Code:
    $ uname -a
    $ zypper lr -u
    $ zypper verify
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface, please show your appreciation and click on the star below... thanks!

  5. #5

    Re: Bluetooth adaptor not found after system update

    Quote Originally Posted by mikewillis View Post
    That you say "If I recall correctly" makes it sound like the problem occurred long enough ago that you can't remember exactly when it happened. How long ago did it stop working? Where are you getting that zypper output from? Who is the 'we' who decided to go ahead with the update?

    kernel-default-base-3.0.101-0.7.17.1 (mentioned in that zypper output) is a SLED 11 SP2 package (https://download.suse.com/Download?buildid=xKbWHe4etUM~)



    What's the output of
    Code:
    $ uname -a
    $ zypper lr -u
    $ zypper verify
    It stopped working a month ago. That zypper output was from my machine before the problem and before the update. I copied it from my other post. We includes malcomlewis who was helping me resolve other issues. More details can be in my other post "Display not working after update"

    Here you're the requested printouts

    Code:
    #uname -r
    3.0.101-0.40-default
    # zypper lr -u
    #  | Alias                                     | Name                                                  | Enabled | Refresh | URI                                                                                                             
    ---+-------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+---------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     1 | /home:DarkPlayer:Pipelight.repo           | /home:DarkPlayer:Pipelight.repo                       | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/DarkPlayer:/Pipelight/openSUSE_12.2                             
     2 | ATI-Driver-SLE11-SP3                      | ATI-Driver-SLE11-SP3                                  | Yes     | Yes     | http://www2.ati.com/suse/sle11sp3                                                                               
     3 | HP-BNB-Dedicated-Update-Channel           | HP-BNB-Dedicated-Update-Channel                       | Yes     | Yes     | https://SLED11SP2HPBNBUNREGISTERED@nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLED11-SP2-HP-BNB-Unregistered-Updates/sle-11-x86_64/
     4 | SLED11-SP3-SDK                            | SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11 SP3 | Yes     | No      | iso:///?iso=SLE-11-SP3-SDK-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso&url=file:///home/aabdelkhalek/installs/                       
     5 | nVidia-Driver-SLE11-SP3                   | nVidia-Driver-SLE11-SP3                               | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.nvidia.com/novell/sle11sp3                                                                      
     6 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SDK-SP1-Pool          | SLE11-SDK-SP1-Pool                                    | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLE11-SDK-SP1-Pool/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                     
     7 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SDK-SP1-Updates       | SLE11-SDK-SP1-Updates                                 | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLE11-SDK-SP1-Updates/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                  
     8 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SDK-SP2-Core          | SLE11-SDK-SP2-Core                                    | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLE11-SDK-SP2-Core/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                     
     9 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SDK-SP2-Updates       | SLE11-SDK-SP2-Updates                                 | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLE11-SDK-SP2-Updates/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                  
    10 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SDK-SP3-Pool          | SLE11-SDK-SP3-Pool                                    | Yes     | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLE11-SDK-SP3-Pool/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                     
    11 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SDK-SP3-Updates       | SLE11-SDK-SP3-Updates                                 | Yes     | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLE11-SDK-SP3-Updates/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                  
    12 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Pool    | SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Pool                              | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Pool/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials               
    13 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Updates | SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Updates                           | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Updates/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials            
    14 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SP2-Debuginfo-Core    | SLE11-SP2-Debuginfo-Core                              | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLE11-SP2-Debuginfo-Core/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials               
    15 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SP2-Debuginfo-Updates | SLE11-SP2-Debuginfo-Updates                           | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLE11-SP2-Debuginfo-Updates/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials            
    16 | nu_novell_com:SLED11-Extras               | SLED11-Extras                                         | Yes     | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLED11-Extras/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                          
    17 | nu_novell_com:SLED11-SP1-Pool             | SLED11-SP1-Pool                                       | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLED11-SP1-Pool/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                        
    18 | nu_novell_com:SLED11-SP1-Updates          | SLED11-SP1-Updates                                    | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLED11-SP1-Updates/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                     
    19 | nu_novell_com:SLED11-SP2-Core             | SLED11-SP2-Core                                       | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLED11-SP2-Core/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                        
    20 | nu_novell_com:SLED11-SP2-HP-BNB-Updates   | SLED11-SP2-HP-BNB-Updates                             | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLED11-SP2-HP-BNB-Updates/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials              
    21 | nu_novell_com:SLED11-SP2-Updates          | SLED11-SP2-Updates                                    | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLED11-SP2-Updates/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                     
    22 | nu_novell_com:SLED11-SP3-Pool             | SLED11-SP3-Pool                                       | Yes     | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLED11-SP3-Pool/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                        
    23 | nu_novell_com:SLED11-SP3-Updates          | SLED11-SP3-Updates                                    | Yes     | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLED11-SP3-Updates/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                     
    # zypper verify
    Refreshing service 'nu_novell_com'.
    Retrieving repository 'nVidia-Driver-SLE11-SP3' metadata [done]
    Building repository 'nVidia-Driver-SLE11-SP3' cache [done]
    Retrieving repository 'SLED11-SP3-Updates' metadata [done]
    Building repository 'SLED11-SP3-Updates' cache [done]
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    
    Dependencies of all installed packages are satisfied.
    #

  6. #6

    Re: Bluetooth adaptor not found after system update

    Quote Originally Posted by aabdelkhalek View Post
    It stopped working a month ago. That zypper output was from my machine before the problem and before the update. I copied it from my other post. We includes malcomlewis who was helping me resolve other issues. More details can be in my other post "Display not working after update"

    Here you're the requested printouts

    Code:
    #uname -r
    3.0.101-0.40-default
    # zypper lr -u
    #  | Alias                                     | Name                                                  | Enabled | Refresh | URI                                                                                                             
    ---+-------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------+---------+---------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     1 | /home:DarkPlayer:Pipelight.repo           | /home:DarkPlayer:Pipelight.repo                       | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/DarkPlayer:/Pipelight/openSUSE_12.2                             
     2 | ATI-Driver-SLE11-SP3                      | ATI-Driver-SLE11-SP3                                  | Yes     | Yes     | http://www2.ati.com/suse/sle11sp3                                                                               
     3 | HP-BNB-Dedicated-Update-Channel           | HP-BNB-Dedicated-Update-Channel                       | Yes     | Yes     | https://SLED11SP2HPBNBUNREGISTERED@nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLED11-SP2-HP-BNB-Unregistered-Updates/sle-11-x86_64/
     4 | SLED11-SP3-SDK                            | SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11 SP3 | Yes     | No      | iso:///?iso=SLE-11-SP3-SDK-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso&url=file:///home/aabdelkhalek/installs/                       
     5 | nVidia-Driver-SLE11-SP3                   | nVidia-Driver-SLE11-SP3                               | Yes     | Yes     | http://download.nvidia.com/novell/sle11sp3                                                                      
     6 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SDK-SP1-Pool          | SLE11-SDK-SP1-Pool                                    | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLE11-SDK-SP1-Pool/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                     
     7 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SDK-SP1-Updates       | SLE11-SDK-SP1-Updates                                 | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLE11-SDK-SP1-Updates/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                  
     8 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SDK-SP2-Core          | SLE11-SDK-SP2-Core                                    | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLE11-SDK-SP2-Core/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                     
     9 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SDK-SP2-Updates       | SLE11-SDK-SP2-Updates                                 | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLE11-SDK-SP2-Updates/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                  
    10 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SDK-SP3-Pool          | SLE11-SDK-SP3-Pool                                    | Yes     | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLE11-SDK-SP3-Pool/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                     
    11 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SDK-SP3-Updates       | SLE11-SDK-SP3-Updates                                 | Yes     | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLE11-SDK-SP3-Updates/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                  
    12 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Pool    | SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Pool                              | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Pool/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials               
    13 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Updates | SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Updates                           | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLE11-SP1-Debuginfo-Updates/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials            
    14 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SP2-Debuginfo-Core    | SLE11-SP2-Debuginfo-Core                              | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLE11-SP2-Debuginfo-Core/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials               
    15 | nu_novell_com:SLE11-SP2-Debuginfo-Updates | SLE11-SP2-Debuginfo-Updates                           | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLE11-SP2-Debuginfo-Updates/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials            
    16 | nu_novell_com:SLED11-Extras               | SLED11-Extras                                         | Yes     | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLED11-Extras/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                          
    17 | nu_novell_com:SLED11-SP1-Pool             | SLED11-SP1-Pool                                       | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLED11-SP1-Pool/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                        
    18 | nu_novell_com:SLED11-SP1-Updates          | SLED11-SP1-Updates                                    | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLED11-SP1-Updates/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                     
    19 | nu_novell_com:SLED11-SP2-Core             | SLED11-SP2-Core                                       | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLED11-SP2-Core/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                        
    20 | nu_novell_com:SLED11-SP2-HP-BNB-Updates   | SLED11-SP2-HP-BNB-Updates                             | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLED11-SP2-HP-BNB-Updates/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials              
    21 | nu_novell_com:SLED11-SP2-Updates          | SLED11-SP2-Updates                                    | No      | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLED11-SP2-Updates/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                     
    22 | nu_novell_com:SLED11-SP3-Pool             | SLED11-SP3-Pool                                       | Yes     | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLED11-SP3-Pool/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                        
    23 | nu_novell_com:SLED11-SP3-Updates          | SLED11-SP3-Updates                                    | Yes     | Yes     | https://nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLED11-SP3-Updates/sle-11-x86_64?credentials=NCCcredentials                     
    # zypper verify
    Refreshing service 'nu_novell_com'.
    Retrieving repository 'nVidia-Driver-SLE11-SP3' metadata [done]
    Building repository 'nVidia-Driver-SLE11-SP3' cache [done]
    Retrieving repository 'SLED11-SP3-Updates' metadata [done]
    Building repository 'SLED11-SP3-Updates' cache [done]
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    
    Dependencies of all installed packages are satisfied.
    #
    Hi,

    I tried installing the bluetooth driver available on HP site but it is for a different kernel!

    So any help would be really appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Ahmed

  7. #7

    Re: Bluetooth adaptor not found after system update

    Quote Originally Posted by aabdelkhalek View Post
    Hi,

    I tried installing the bluetooth driver available on HP site but it is for a different kernel!

    So any help would be really appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Ahmed
    Can you contact HP to ask them if there's a driver for SP3?
    Is there source available?
    What is the url of the page on the HP site you mention?
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface, please show your appreciation and click on the star below... thanks!

  8. #8

    Re: Bluetooth adaptor not found after system update

    Quote Originally Posted by mikewillis View Post
    Can you contact HP to ask them if there's a driver for SP3?
    Is there source available?
    What is the url of the page on the HP site you mention?
    There is a source package but I am not able to locate it! malcolmlewis found it and he tried building it as in the below post but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem

    https://forums.suse.com/showthread.p...4938#post24938

    The HP link is below as well it is under driver-network. The bluetooth and the WLAN have the same name rt3920 so I thought if I reinstalled the WLAN driver that would include the bluetooth one as well.

    http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/p...&swEnvOid=2020

    I'm not sure how to contact them! I tried before for the SLED11 SP3 upgrade and I got no response!

    Thanks,
    Ahmed

  9. Re: Bluetooth adaptor not found after system update

    On Mon 29 Dec 2014 01:44:02 PM CST, aabdelkhalek wrote:


    mikewillis;25575 Wrote:
    > Can you contact HP to ask them if there's a driver for SP3?
    > Is there source available?
    > What is the url of the page on the HP site you mention?


    There is a source package but I am not able to locate it! malcolmlewis
    found it and he tried building it as in the below post but unfortunately
    it didn't solve the problem

    https://forums.suse.com/showthread.p...4938#post24938

    The HP link is below as well it is under driver-network. The bluetooth
    and the WLAN have the same name rt3920 so I thought if I reinstalled the
    WLAN driver that would include the bluetooth one as well.

    http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/p...&swEnvOid=2020

    I'm not sure how to contact them! I tried before for the SLED11 SP3
    upgrade and I got no response!

    Thanks,
    Ahmed


    Hi
    It may just be the firmware required, do you see anything in the output
    from dmesg about firmware?



    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° LFCS, SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.12.28-4-default
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •