Quote Originally Posted by jmozdzen View Post
Hi AJ,

> I've had encountered 7 errors during the configuration of the OS but managed to fix them by performing a recursive secure copy of the default kernel module 3.0.101-0.40-default from our existing server

I seriously recommend not to do this! All you're doing is masking some other base problem.

You could check on the working server, to which RPM the missing module belongs ("rpm -qf <filename>") and then verify that the according RPM is installed on the problematic server. I would expect the RPM to already be available, so running "rpm -V" would be in order (either on that single RPM, for a starter - or on the whole system, to catch other problematic packages as well).

If the files were just missing because of a not installed RPM, you'll get in trouble with the next kernel update (as the corresponding RPM - uninstalled - won't be upgraded then. And if there were errors during RPM installation, you might as well see other RPMs affected as well, so you'd need to check es much of that as possible.

Regards,
J
Hi J,

I actually asked that on my original post, if can I manually copy that missing module from our existing server or not, but got no response. So I just copied it anyways.

By the way, the new servers are already running on 3.0.101-0.40-default but that module is missing on /lib/modules that is why I am getting the errors. Although I have cleared the errors by manually copying that missing module, will there be issues/errors the servers will encounter because of this?

Here are the outputs for the rpm -qf command you gave:

Existing Server:
rpm -qf for DB01.PNG

The same results for our New Server. Any ideas on this?

Thanks,
AJ